To accommodate our client’s needs, Coalmarch hosts our virtual meetings via Zoom. Here is a step-by-step guide to download Zoom for your PC or Mac.
If you need additional help using Zoom, here are a couple of helpful links:
- Open your computer's internet browser and navigate to the Zoom website at Zoom.us.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Download in the web page's footer.
- On the Download Center page, click Download under the Zoom Client for Meetings section.
- The Zoom app will then begin downloading. You should then double click on the .exe file to begin the installation process and follow the steps as they are outlined in the installer.
- First, open the Zoom Download Center in your preferred internet browser. You can find this by entering https://zoom.us/download into the URL bar.
- Click the blue Download button below Zoom Client for Meetings. This is the basic Zoom app for Mac computers.
- Depending on your browser settings, this will open a pop-up confirming that you want to allow downloads from the website. Click Allow if prompted.
- This will immediately begin the download. Click in your downloads spot, which on Safari and Google Chrome is found in the top-right corner.
Double click to open the download.
This will kickstart the installation process. Click Continue on the Install Zoom pop-up on your desktop. Click Continue again if prompted.
How to Join a Zoom Meeting
Joining via Computer App:
- Download the Zoom desktop app on your Mac or PC (see above)
- Open the Zoom app
- Click join a meeting.
- Enter the meeting ID (### ### ####) and your name, and set audio/video permissions
- Enter meeting password which is included in the meeting invite
Connecting Audio & Video
- Microphone, such as the built in microphone, a USB microphone or an inline microphone on headphones
- Speaker or headphones
- Built in computer camera or camera accessory.
While connected on Zoom, audio and video preferences can be adjusted using the following icons located at the bottom left-hand of the screen. Click on the microphone to turn the audio on and off. Click on the video camera to turn your camera on and off.