What to know about the transition to sunsetting our Forgely platform
What is the Forgely Sunset timeline?
- March 31st, 2021 - Forgely software support provided by the Coalmarch team ends
- September 30th, 2021 - Deadline to notify Coalmarch of any requested data exports
- December 31st, 2021 - Software will officially come down and all accounts will be inactive
Recommended alternative systems:
- BambooHR is a software option we have heard from many customers as a strong alternative for Forgely. While it does not have the community resources for training, it does help facilitate a training program, manage employee records, and also acts as a hiring ATS system.
- JazzHR is a well-developed alternative for Forgely’s ATS hiring platform including job description management, application gathering, interview templates, etc.
- Unique Background Solutions previously offered background check options through Forgely, but going forward you can continue to work with Unique Backgrounds by contacting them directly.
- LabelsSDS does not provide specific label training, but they do offer the ability to provide easy label access to your technicians.
- NPMA Quality Pro Application can be found in the tools section.
What will the transition process look like?
Forgely Hire – After selecting your new Applicant Tracking System (aka, your hiring software) we recommend having a few months of overlap to complete the following steps:
- Begin by copying your templates from Forgely over to the new system, including your interview templates, templated emails, etc.
- Then, copy over your job descriptions & application questionnaires and push live on your new system. At this time, turn off your jobs in Forgely and connect your new jobs to your careers website (see below), Indeed, and any other platforms you list your open positions.
- You will likely want to have at least a month of overlap once the new system is completely set up so you can begin collecting new applicants through the new system and still refer back to old applicants in Forgely. If your new system offers an applicant upload feature, Coalmarch can provide an applicant export from Forgely for you to reference. **Please request this export prior to October 1st to ensure we can provide you with the information before the system goes offline on December 31st.
Forgely Manage – To transition your Forgely Manage account, we recommend using the following checklist to ensure nothing is lost in the transition. There is no export feature available for Forgely Manage data but this should help you keep track of your data:
- Employee Information
- Transferemployee profile details to your new system or a private document, including birthdays, start dates, contact info, etc.
- Download any employee files saved to their account.
- Copy all records of incidents & absences into a private document by viewing their profile, selecting the incident tab and copying & pasting the content into a private document or other system.
- Employee reviews & inspections – If there are any reviews or inspections you need to have employee records of, copy and paste these items into a private document or other system.
- Record of training history – If you would like to keep a record of what training each employee has taken in the past, copy and paste this information into a private document or new system.
- Reviews & Inspections Templates
- To save your reviews and inspections, please copy and paste them into your new system. A simple alternative to this feature could be to add them to Google Forms. You can then schedule in your email to send employees the link to the form each week/month as needed.
- Training Program
- Step 1: Copy the content from any training courses and resources out of the system that you would like to keep & paste into your own documentation system.
- Step 2: Take a look through the community to see if there are any resources in there you would like to keep for future reference or training for your team and copy & paste into your own documentation system.
I have a Careers website with Coalmarch, how will I be able to make updates and post new job openings?
Beginning January 1st, 2022, job postings will no longer sync from Forgely to your careers website. However, we are still here to help you manage your Careers website as part of your marketing retainer with Coalmarch.
- If you need any content updates made to your careers website, please communicate them to your marketing project manager.
- Once you have found your new ATS for hiring, you should be able to upload job descriptions to the new system and be able to provide your PM with the link. From there, we can add or remove the links to jobs that display on your Career website.
Will I have access to my Forgely data after December 31st, 2021?
No. Beginning January 1st, 2022, Coalmarch will be taking down our Forgely servers and will no longer store any account data. Please make sure you request any data exports prior to October 1st to ensure Coalmarch can provide you with an export before that date.
I am ready to cancel my Forgely Account, how do I do it?
It's easy! As an admin of your account, just visit settings (in the top right-hand corner) --> billing --> Payment profile --> cancel membership